Friday, October 10, 2008

VOA Podcasts - video and audio

 
Since we do not have access to Spanish-language television, I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve my listening comprehension. In particular I have been looking for newscasts in Spanish and the ones from Voice of America (VOA) fit the bill.

On this page you'll find three video podcasts:
  • El Mundo Al Día Capsulas
  • ArteKultura
  • Foro Inter-Americano
and two audio podcasts:
  • Deportivo Internacional
  • Buenos Días América
To subscribe using iTunes: from the top menu, choose Advanced, Subscribe and then paste the podcast url into the box. Click OK. Of course, you can also watch or listen to them online.

To supplement the news podcasts, I have also subscribed to their news summaries. I like to look over these before listening to familiarize myself with any new vocabulary.
__________________________________


No comments: