Saturday, June 29, 2013

News in Slow (Latin American) Spanish

Because I was going on a long car trip last week, I started to look for new podcasts to put on my iPod Touch. That's when I found News in Slow Latin American Spanish. As you know, there is News in Slow Spanish which has been around for a while now. (For instance they're on episode number 224. The Latin American version is just on number three.)

There are six sections:

1) Flashcards
2) News Stories
3) Grammar
4) Expressions
5) Pronunciations
6) Quizzes

You can access the audio for sections 2, 3, and 4 from the site or download them via iTunes or another similar program. (I use the Downcast app on my iPod Touch.) You can also download the flashcards in pdf format from the site. The full transcripts, and the pronunciation and quizzes sections are accessible by subscription only.

They also offer educational discounts (individual licenses, individual floating licenses, and language lab licenses).

By the way, the same folks also offer News in Slow Italian, Chinese (suspended but there are 20 episodes available), and French.

10 comments:

AJB said...

Wow, NewInSlowSpanish is a very cool approach. Thanks for linking it. I've been through a number of different programs and written about what works for me and what doesn't work. This find will definitely go in my collection.

Nancy Lewis said...

Do you know of any news podcasts for advanced learners? I used to listen to BBC Mundo, but they stopped producing the podcast. I've been looking for something to replace it with no luck so far. Thanks for your help.

Karen said...

Perhaps a podcast from RNE? http://www.rtve.es/radio/podcast/

Nancy Lewis said...

Thank you! That's perfect :)

Unknown said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Jessy said...

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows about good novels to learn Spanish. I am trying now with Roald Dhal's books translated to Spanish and I finished reading Abcalia by Ricardo Roque Mateos but I would like to find more titles suitable for Spanish students. Thanks!

Karen said...

Jessy,

I posted your question on Facebook (vfacebook.com/teachinglearningspanish) and Twitter (@spanishblog).

Quick Spanish said...

I want to present you my new site/blog about Spanish learning – www.quickspanish.org. You can learn from here how to quickly, and effectively learn Spanish language. All of this information is taken from years of experience and observation. Learning languages is my passion, so I want to share it with everyone.
On my blog you can find my free e-book called “Quick Spanish Methods”, in which are included the best methods that will help you effectively start learning Spanish.

I’d appreciate any feedback.
Regards ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have recently created a blog where I'm posting free videos with Spanish lessons for beginners. If you approve it I'll be grateful if you can share it with others:

www.spanishfreelessonsonline.com

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Delma Cruz-Vasquez said...

Hello. I am a teacher candidate. I am so glad I found your blog. It can be a discouraging for those trying to keep up with the news when Spanish speakers are talking 5 miles a minute. I look forward to viewing more of your blog's content.